Try CumulusClips Cloud Hosting

[Solved] 5+ Hour Video stuck in pending

edited April 13 in Bugs and Errors
We have been using cumulusclips without issue for some time now, however recently we had a user attempting to upload a 5 hour long video, and it never leaves pending.

The last line of converter.log
The temp H.264 file /var/www/cc-content/uploads/h264/ssxp2PEb3xc6IwyS7Jbi_temp.mp4 was not created. The id of the video is: 317
However, the temp file is created, and I see no errors in the ffmpeg log.

For now, I have split the video into two parts and uploaded separately, but I obviously don't want that to be necessary for future videos.

Note: I have edited the logging function to add timestamps to converter.log as part of my troubleshooting.
log
log
converter.log
log
log
ssxp2PEb3xc6IwyS7Jbi.log

Comments

• The video transcoding log seems fine. There aren't any error there. Is there a database error being thrown, maybe "Server went away". It would be in the database log, located in the system logs page.
  • Also, is the video transcoding log you attached for the 5 hour video?
  • The transcoding log is for the 5 hour video, I do not see a database log. We are not on the newest version, but I can't figure out how to check current version.
  • The version would be displayed at the bottom right of the admin panel footer.

What are the filesize, permissions, and owner/groups of this file:

/var/www/cc-content/uploads/h264/ssxp2PEb3xc6IwyS7Jbi_temp.mp4

You can get that by running: ls -l /var/www/cc-content/uploads/h264/

While you're at it, do the same for the original file too: ls -l /var/www/cc-content/uploads/temp/
  • # ls -l /var/www/cc-content/uploads/h264/ssxp*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 2187720140 Apr 13 11:51 /var/www/cc-content/uploads/h264/ssxp2PEb3xc6IwyS7Jbi_temp.mp4
    # ls -l /var/www/cc-content/uploads/temp/ssxp*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 2187359247 Apr 13 10:43 /var/www/cc-content/uploads/temp/ssxp2PEb3xc6IwyS7Jbi.mp4

footer.PNG
    563 x 101 - 3K
  • Nothing strange there. Do you have SELinux or any other program that could affect process duration or resources? If you do anything like that, can you temporarily turn it off and try the upload again to see if it will transcode with that program off.
  • Running on Debian 7, only thing running on this server is cumulusclips, no selinux
  • Ah, I see the problem. Your server's OS appears to be 32bit. The filesize checks return the filesize in bytes. In your case the filesize is greater than the max allowed integer on a 32 bit system. So the filesize method returns unexpected causing the checks to fail, hence the encoder stops where indicated in the logs.

Solution, upgrade your server's OS to 64bit.

In addition, you are not running the latest version of the script. You can upgrade automatically via the admin panel. Just make sure you backup all the files and the database. Also take note that any changes made to the default theme or any core files will be lost.
  • # dpkg --print-architecture
    i386

Sure enough, there it is. Thanks so much for your prompt replies!
This discussion has been closed.