Try CumulusClips Cloud Hosting

how to get rid of the "delete video"

Good Day.

I'm trying to restrict members from deleting the video by getting rid of "delete video". Is it possible?

Thank you so much.
JunG

Comments

• Just ti clarify, you want to prevent them from deleting their own videos that they uploaded themselves?
  • You got it right Damian.. Thank you.
  • The reason why i need to restrict the video is that, These are all very important training videos and it so happen that uploading the video took me around 5 hours. If it is possible also, to restrict members from editing the videos because edit videos and delete videos are all available under "my videos". thank you in advance. Hope there's a possible solution or workaround for the above mentioned scenario. my site is a local site for internal used only.
  • Normal users can only delete or edit their own videos. Not videos uploaded by other users. So if you upload a video, no one else can modify or delete it but you.

The only users that can delete/edit any video are administrators.

It is technically possible to prevent users from deleting or modifying their own videos. You would need to create a plugin to do that.
  • Good morning Damian,
    Is there any ready made or downloadable plugin for such?
    Thanks.
  • No, not at the moment. You would need to create one yourself.
  • Thank you so much Damian. you can now close this conversation... thanks again
This discussion has been closed.