Do not require tags and description

Comments

• This reason I left tags and description in "Upload Step 1 - Video Information",it gives me error message:Errors were found. Please correct the errors below and try again.

- Invalid description
    - Invalid tags

That is why I am looking for it.
  • edited April 2016
    I am able to resolve 'invalid' problem for description and tags, which I do not want to key in, as the following modified codes in upload.phtml:

See attachment
  • edited April 2016
    I am able to resolve 'invalid' problem for description and tags, which I do not want to key in, as the following modified codes in upload.phtml:

Get rid of entry for desciptions and tags.
    label class="<?=(isset($errors['tags'])) ? 'error' : ''?>"><?=Language::getText('tags')?>:
    tags)) ? implode(', ', $video->tags) : ''?>" />

label class="<?=(isset($errors['description'])) ? 'error' : ''?>"><?=Language::getText('description')?>:
    <?=(!empty($video->description)) ? $video->description : ''?>

Just add a statement as type with hidden and value with any text.. That is it.

input class="text" type="hidden" name="tags" value=" no tags" />
    input class="text" type="hidden" name="description" value="no description" />
  • There are two ways you can do this. The first method is to use a plugin that catches the upload form submission and automatically populates those fields for you so that your users don't have to. The simpler way is to modify the theme so that those two fields are merely hidden input fields with hard coded values that don't change.
  • Damian,
    First method I should learn how to use the plugin. Leter I shall learn it.. Second method I just did it as you mention. Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.