Uploading Video & Avator

edited April 2012 in Bugs and Errors
Hi,

When i upload a video i get the following messege:

" Errors were encountered during the processing of your file, and it cannot be uploaded at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Our support team has been notified and will investigate into the cause and fix for this issue. If you continue to experience problems using this feature please contact us for further assistance. "

and with changing my avator i get:

" image.jpg (26.78KB) - HTTP Error "

Please Help, I looked in all the posts, but still no luck :(

Comments

• For the avatar it could be a file permission issue. Can you try this command:

chmod -R 777 /path/to/cumulusclips/cc-content/uploads/thumbs

and try you avatar upload again? Let me know how that works out.

We'll focus on the video issue next.
  • Sorry, no luck...
  • Sorry I made a mistake, retry my instructions from above, but that last directory should be 'avatars' NOT 'thumbs', so the full command should look like this:

chmod -R 777 /path/to/cumulusclips/cc-content/uploads/avatars

Obviously replace the '/path/to/cumulusclips' with the actual path to your CumulusClips directory.
  • Same again, even tried the entire /upload folder with -R
  • edited April 2012
    Hey,

I'm thinking now, after all the messing around i did with the FFmpeg installing.. etc... iv'e messed up the server somehow.

I'm just quickly going to re-install the vp-server again but with centos-6 +plesk this time,

p.s. do you think someone could help me install the FFmpeg software, i tried many times but it just seems very temper-mental :)

Thanks for your help Damien
  • If you decide to move forward with CentOS I recommend using this tutorial:

http://cumulusclips.org/docs/install-ffmpeg-x264-on-centos/
  • edited April 2012
    thanks
  • hey Damian,

Cheers for the tutorial, Just only have one annoying issue left.

After uploading a video, I receive a message saying "upload complete",
    but there's no video...?

Thanks again
  • Can you share with us your php info file. To get this, simply create a file called 'info.php' which contains this code:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Place it in the same directory as CumulusClips, and send us the URL to the file.
This discussion has been closed.