Errror uploading file

edited March 2012 in Bugs and Errors
Hello,
First of all I want to congratulate you for the nice job you did with this CumulusClip scripts. I just installed your script on a local computer running with windows XP. (did all the steps from the documentation working perfect) But my problem is when I try to upload a video I get this error: "Errors were encountered during the processing of your file, and it cannot be uploaded at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience." So I understand that this error is because my server doesn't meet the minimum requirement. My question is how can I change this settings in order to be able to upload videos? I try to find the php.ini file but I didn't managed. Where should I make the changes on "upload_max_filesize" ? P.S. This is the first time when I work with VMware Player and I am new with php too. Thank you!
Regards

Comments

• I'm assuming you're using the VMware virtual machine we provided, correct?
  • Yes sir.
  • and i just realize that i got the same error even when I want to upload a profile picture less than 30 kb
  • Ok, we had someone else report the same problem with our VM. We are looking into this and will have a fix shortly.

Please note, the issue is not with the script, rather the configurations we setup on our VM.
  • Yes I know the script is working flawless...but is no way to configure VM by myself?
  • Ok, we think we've found the problem.

Try the following:

1) Login to the CumulusClips VM server using the SSH credentials in our documentation
    2) Enter this command in the command line:

chmod -R 777 /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads

3) Try your upload again
  • Thank you, now is working. Congratulations for the great job that you are doing there.
This discussion has been closed.