Cannot upload video

edited December 2012 in Bugs and Errors
After updating to 1.3, this is the error message I get when I click to upload a video:

"Errors were encountered during the processing of your file, and it cannot be uploaded at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Our support team has been notified and will investigate into the cause and fix for this issue. If you continue to experience problems using this feature please contact us for further assistance."

Any luck fixing it anyone?

Comments

• I am using VMPlayer and the image you provided. I was able to upload videos prior the update.

• The update didn't affect the upload process. Only the installer and video settings page in the admin panel.

Have you tried turning on "Log Encoding" in the admin panel and review the generated logs to see what the problem is?
  • ### MySQL Error - 12/26/2012 13:48PM

Error:
    Unknown column 'private' in 'where clause'

Query: SELECT video_id FROM cc_videos WHERE status = 'approved' AND featured = 1 AND private = '0' LIMIT 6

### MySQL Error - 12/26/2012 13:48PM

Error:

Query: SELECT video_id FROM cc_videos WHERE status = 'approved' AND featured = 1 AND private = '0' LIMIT 6

### MySQL Error - 12/26/2012 13:50PM

Error:

### MySQL Error - 12/26/2012 13:50PM

Error:

### MySQL Error - 12/26/2012 13:51PM

Error:

### MySQL Error - 12/26/2012 13:51PM

Error:

• Did you upgrade to v1.3.1 or 1.3.

Also, what version were you running before the update.
  • The update was from 1.1 I believe to 1.3 now.
  • When I go to admin pane it says that I have the newest version 1.3
  • I downloaded the new version 1.3.1
    On the database step I get this:
    "Unable to create file via FTP (/home/cumulusclips/cc-core/config/config.php)"

Please mind I am using the vmplayer image I got from the website.

Thank you for working with me on the Issues,
  • Ok, I got it what went wrong was the path I provided in the previous step. instead of "/home/cumulusclips/public_html" I had "/home/cumulusclips/". Fixed that now on the site still cannot upload a video please help. This is the error I get:

"Errors were encountered during the processing of your file, and it cannot be uploaded at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Our support team has been notified and will investigate into the cause and fix for this issue. If you continue to experience problems using this feature please contact us for further assistance. "
  • Verify that the /cc-content/upload directory has permission of 777 (rwxrwxrwx) and all of their children directories.

Additionally, did you turn on "Log Encoding" in the admin panel like I asked? If so, try an upload again and when it fails post a link to them (logs) here.
  • How to I give the permission what command to run?
    I turned on the logs encoding, now where can i find the links?
  • edited December 2012
    Log on to your virtual machine via the command line. Navigate to the /cc-content directory and execute this command:

chmod -R 777 uploads

The logs are in the /cc-core/logs directory. Upload them to your website or scan them yourself to see if you see any error messages.
  • Thank You I fixed it. The sub directories in upload did not have the 777 (rwxrwxrwx) permissions applied.
  • On the sub directories now it says (rwxrwxrwx) but 2 not 7. Do you know why?
    Because now I upload it fine but it never displays on the website.
  • The temp Mobile file was not created. The id of the video is: 1

### Converter Called...
    Values passed to encoder:
    Array
    (
    [0] => /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-core/system/encode.php
    [1] => --video=7
    )

Validating requested video...
    Establishing variables...
    Verifying raw video exists...
    Verifying raw video was valid size...

Preparing for: FLV Encoding...
    FLV Encoding Command: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/gNnLJTCAO383Wh10j3Xs.mp4 -s 640x480 -vb 800k -ac 2 -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f flv /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads/flv/gNnLJTCAO383Wh10j3Xs.flv >> /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-core/logs/gNnLJTCAO383Wh10j3Xs.log 2>&1
    Verifying FLV video was created...
    The FLV file was not created. The id of the video is: 7
    The temp Mobile file was not created. The id of the video is: 6

### Converter Called...
    Values passed to encoder:
    Array
    (
    [0] => /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-core/system/encode.php
    [1] => --video=8
    )

Validating requested video...
    Establishing variables...
    Verifying raw video exists...
    Verifying raw video was valid size...

Preparing for: FLV Encoding...
    FLV Encoding Command: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/Xe9QPB7yfQdZx9NYoNh3.mp4 -s 640x480 -vb 800k -ac 2 -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f flv /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads/flv/Xe9QPB7yfQdZx9NYoNh3.flv >> /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-core/logs/Xe9QPB7yfQdZx9NYoNh3.log 2>&1
    Verifying FLV video was created...

Preparing for: Mobile Encoding...
    Mobile Encoding Command: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/Xe9QPB7yfQdZx9NYoNh3.mp4 -s 480x360 -vb 600k -ac 2 -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-content/uploads/mobile/Xe9QPB7yfQdZx9NYoNh3_temp.mp4 >> /home/cumulusclips/public_html/cc-core/logs/Xe9QPB7yfQdZx9NYoNh3.log 2>&1
  • I think I can see what happened here. If you have the VM at one of the early versions of CumulusClips and updated, this would explain why your file permissions are not correct.

This issue was corrected with a later update but since you had an earlier version the corrected files weren't deployed to your codebase yet. You obtained them with the update you just performed.

The logs you just posted indicate a file permission issue. Please remember to delete all the logs before you attempt a new upload so that you don't get any errors confused or mixed. Delete, upload video, debug, and repeat.

Before you do anything though, navigate to the /cc-content/uploads and /cc-content/ directories and run a "ls -l" and post the results for each here. I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "2 not 7".
  • Right now is good I got it to work. Now it just takes a while to upload but it works. Thanks for your time and help
This discussion has been closed.