Blank thumbnail image for some videos

Hi there,

New to CumulusClips. Intending to use it to share training videos for the IT organization I work in. Looks good so far. One thing I noticed after uploading a couple test videos is that some will have a blank/white thumbnail image while others show a normal thumbnail (image from the movie). See attached screenshot.

Is this a known issue? Is there any fix or workaround setting?

Thanks for any help,
Chris
cumulus_thumbnail_blank_2018-09-28_14-31-27.jpg
692 x 298 - 29K

Comments

• I don't recall from the top of my head what the criteria is, but CC takes a snapshot of a frame, in the video, at a specific interval. (could be at the half-point of the video - don't remember). Is it possible that at that point in the video, the "white" is indeed a valid frame? (i.e. a transition frame perhaps?).

If you look in your encoding log, you will see the command it is trying to run to generate the snapshot with a parameter that tells it, where in the video, to take the snapshot. (this is a number in seconds). Try rerunning that command but slightly adjust that number.

I am doing all of this from the top of my head. If you need more specific detailed instructions, please share your encoding log for this video and I can show you where to look and what to change.