Unable to convert to MP4

Hi,

I'm receiving errors in the system logs, when uploading videos.

Converter.log
// Converter Called...
Values passed to encoder:
Array
(
[0] => /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/encode.php
[1] => --video=7
)

Checking FFMPEG permissions...

Checking qt-faststart permissions...
Validating requested video...
Establishing variables...
Verifying raw video exists...
Verifying raw video was valid size...

Preparing for: H.264 Encoding...
H.264 Encoding Command: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg -i /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-content/uploads/temp/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL.mov -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec aac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-content/uploads/h264/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL_temp.mp4 >> /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/logs/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL.log 2>&1
Verifying H.264 video was created...
The temp H.264 file was not created. The id of the video is: 7

X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL.log

==================================================================
H.264 ENCODING
==================================================================

H.264 Encoding Command: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg -i /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-content/uploads/temp/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL.mov -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec aac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-content/uploads/h264/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL_temp.mp4 >> /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/logs/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL.log 2>&1

H.264 Encoding Output:

/var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg: 1: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Comments

• That is strange. Have you modified any files in any way?
  • I haven't modified files. Fresh install.

I also get 404 errors when visiting /members, /videos, /login, /logout etc...
  • The 404 is because you're missing the hidden .htaccess file or you have mod_rewrite off in Apache or AllowOverride set to none.
  • edited March 3
    Gotcha - Something so simple, eh.

But still have the issue with ffmpeg D:

EDIT: AllowOverride was at None, and mod_rewrite was disabled. htaccess was there, however haha.
  • Run this directly from your command line and post here the result:

/var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg -i /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-content/uploads/temp/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL.mov -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec aac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-content/uploads/h264/X300VENeXvArajAYGUZL_temp.mp4
  • bash: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
  • If I sudo, I get

/var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg: 1: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-32-bit/ffmpeg: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
  • Replace the "32" with "64" and try again.
  • /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: 1: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: ELF: not found
    /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: 2: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: cannot open �: No such file
    /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: 2: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: ��U�: not found
    /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: 3: /var/www/html/v1d30/cc-core/system/bin/ffmpeg-64-bit/ffmpeg: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
  • What OS are you using?
  • It's Raspbian. I'm just trying to test this piece of software to see how it performs :)
  • That's your problem. The ffmpeg binaries are static builds meant to be run on normal Linux OS, i.e. CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.

Additionally, transcoding will be pretty crappy on a small device like that. You need a beefy machine or cloud instance with a few gigs of RAM and a good powerful chip.
  • By the way, use of our software is prohibited for adult related uses. We cannot assist you if that's the case.
  • Ahh no problem - I'll consider a different machine! Thank you for your help
This discussion has been closed.