Slow upload finishes uploading, but then errors out on the validate page.

I have a user with a very slow upload link and a 120MB video can take him a couple of hours to upload. With the PHP and Apache timeouts configured as they are, the upload goes through and finishes just fine.

However, it then hits the "validate" page (which from what I can tell is executed prior to the "complete" page) that then in turn generates a "Errors were encountered during the processing of your file, and it cannot be uploaded at this time...".

It does not even get to the encoding phase of the upload.

Is there a timeout setting somewhere - perhaps in one of the ajax pages - that needs to be adjusted? Like I said, it finished the upload, but refuses to move forward. I have max_execution_time set to 0 in my php.ini and the various upload and body limits set accordingly.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• It's tough to say exactly what the problem is without being to reproduce it. It could be failing in the actual HTTP/POST to the upload.ajax script. That would generate the error you specify. It could also fail within the validation of the upload.ajax script, which would also generate the error you specify.

Inside the upload.ajax script there are several alerts which get sent to the admin if the upload fails for certain reasons, impartial upload, permissions, etc.

I recommend to have a browser console window open to monitor the upload progress and see if an HTTP/POST error is being thrown while attempting to reach the upload.ajax script. Maybe a 500 or 404 or something like that.

Could be session timeout maybe. Monitor the networking console in the browser and let me know what you find.
  • I was able to have my user capture the error.

POST https://cumulus.mydomain.org/account/upload/validate from jquery.min.js:4 net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

So it does look like I am hitting a timeout somewhere ... I will continue to research. If you guys have any additional recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.