Change time of the thumbnail creation

edited December 2015 in Customizations
Hello,

It seems that thumbnails are currently created during the middle of the video. I had a look at the Thumbnail Options within the admin panel and also at some ffmpeg docs, but I must admit I don't understand how it detects the middle of the video.

My understanding is that the option "-ss 2" would normally take a screen after 2 seconds. But how can I remove the time that is in place?

Thanks,
Marcus

Comments

• You are correct. The "-ss" option specifies to FFMPEG the position in seconds to seek to. The thumb position is currently programmed to be the middle of the video. I agree that this should be customizable. I will bring this up wit our team to make it so.

In the mean time, you could open the file /cc-core/system/encode.php and line ~351 just replace the $thumbPosition variable with your desired number or calculation. Keep in mind though, that any changes to this file will be lost during updates, and you'll have to make the change all over again.
  • Hey Damian,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will give it a try and will keep in mind that it will be overwritten during upgrades. And yes, I think it would be useful to have an option within the admin panel where this can be customized.

Again many thanks.

Cheers,
    Marcus
  • i am waiting for update.
This discussion has been closed.