sh: nohup: command not found [solved]

edited August 2015 in Bugs and Errors
hallo,

i cant find the location of this error, pls help me !

Comments

• upload the video file was successful
    this message is present in the converter.log
  • my cumulus is running on openSUSE 13.1. , i can upload files but the videofiles are apparently not encoded . Only what i see in converter.log is "sh: nohup: command not found" . Any ideas where I can set something?
  • You need to install "nohup" on your server.
  • was already installed
  • The error you posted means that user can't find the binary for 'nohup'. This is either because it's not installed or the user doesn't have access

If it's already installed, then make sure it's in the path of the Apache/PHP user and that he has access to it.
  • yes, nohup is in the same path and i set attribute to 777 but didnt works
  • If you're 100% sure that it's already installed, then you would only get this error is if it's not path for the Apache user.

You can try this temporary hack

Find the full path to the nohup binary. You can either ask your host or run the command from the command line:

which nohup

Once you get the command path then open the files:

/cc-admin/videos_add.php
    /cc-core/controllers/ajax/upload.ajax.php

And replace nohup with the full path you obtained, i.e. /usr/bin/nohup.
  • Ok , this is working now thx !!! But now the next messages in converterlog::
    / Converter Called...
    Values passed to encoder:
    Array
    (
    [0] => /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-core/system/encode.php
    [1] => --video=39
    )

Validating requested video...
    Establishing variables...
    Verifying raw video exists...
    Verifying raw video was valid size...

Preparing for: H.264 Encoding...
    H.264 Encoding Command: /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA_temp.mp4 >> /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-core/logs/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA.log 2>&1
    sh: /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-core/logs/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA.log: Permission denied
    Verifying H.264 video was created...
    The temp H.264 file was not created. The id of the video is: 39
    and the other log message ::

==================================================================
    H.264 ENCODING
    ==================================================================

H.264 Encoding Command: /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA_temp.mp4 >> /home/prav-wwwu/public_html/cc-core/logs/YMubQJq1YqsgxQ2dQcBA.log 2>&1

H.264 Encoding Output:

I have no idea
  • It appears not all file and directory permissions are correct.

Make sure to:

1) change the ownership of all files and directories to the user running your webserver. If this is shared hosting, this might be your ID.

i.e. chown -R yourusername:yourusername cumulus
    or
    chown -R apache:apache cumulus

2) make sure all files and directories are writable by that username

i.e. chmod -R ug+rw cumulus
  • all files and directories are open for this user and didnt works, why is this a soo big problem to install a cms ?
  • Is this a public server? If so, send us your SSH details and one of engineers can look into for you. Send to support@cumulusclips.org
  • I rechecked all, uploads works but the encoder is working only from root not from user
  • What do you mean? Can you share any error messages or describe in detail the problem you are experiencing including reproduction steps.
  • edited August 2015
    Its working fine now \o/ but 1 error is still here .
    *.mov , *.avi , *.wmv is tested and works fine..
    but when i upload a MP4 file and this error is still here :
    Output file is empty, nothing was encoded (check -ss / -t / -frames parameters if used)
  • There are several causes for that error you mention:

Output file is empty, nothing was encoded (check -ss / -t / -frames parameters if used)

Can you post the entire log file so that we can determine what is causing the issue.

Also, have you changed the encoding options in the admin panel?
  • I have send the logs to your support .
  • I have reviewed the logs you provided. The problem you are getting is during the very last step, at the time of creating the thumbnail.

Go to admin panel - settings - video - thumbnail options and replace: "-t 1 -r 1" with "-vframes 1". Let's see if that works.

If it does not work please attach your new log files to this post.
  • ok, that fixed it. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.