Setup New Install - New Issues

I setup a new install of Cumulus via HTTPS and while I feel I have most of it setup correctly, it's not processing the videos. I can upload however.
Please advise.

Here are the logs:

The temp H.264 file was not created. The id of the video is: 5
==================================================================
H.264 ENCODING

H.264 Encoding Command: /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg -i /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/iNQvaVJoeJHt2yOZnQNw.MOV -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libvo_aacenc -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/iNQvaVJoeJHt2yOZnQNw_temp.mp4 >> /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/logs/iNQvaVJoeJHt2yOZnQNw.log 2>&1

H.264 Encoding Output:

Comments

• Video encoding isn't affected by Https. It looks like the logs are incomplete. There doesn't appear to be any errors in what you posted. I have a few questions:

Did you provide both logs in their entirety?
    Does this happen for every video file uploaded?
    Is this on the same server as your other CumulusClips install?
    What has changed between the two installs?
    Is the uploads directory writable? If not run:

chmod -R 777 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads
  • *As far as I know the logs were posted complete

*Yes every video, tried various formats all small size (under 6mb)

*No, there was a glitch when I upgraded to a fixed IP and they had to change servers.

*Only the servers, I used the same setup information

*I ran chmod -R 777 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads but it still does not work. Here are the complete logs:

The temp H.264 file was not created. The id of the video is: 9

H.264 ENCODING

H.264 Encoding Command: /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg -i /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco.MOV -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco_temp.mp4 >> /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/logs/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco.log 2>&1

H.264 Encoding Output:

I do no receive any error emails.
  • Create a file at the root of your site called test.php and add this content to it:

<?php

exec('/home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg -i /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco.MOV -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco_temp.mp4 2>&1', $results);

echo '<pre>' . print_r($results, true) . '</pre>';

Then access the file in your browser and post the output here.
  • Output Was:

Array
    (
    )
  • edited July 2015
    That's weird. Something fishy is going on, because that should have returned something, good or bad but at least something.

Is this file present: /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg

Edit the file you just created and replace it's content with this:

<?php

exec('php -i 2>&1', $results);

Then run it in your browser and post the output here.
  • ffmpeg is present in that directory

There was no output, page just kept trying to load with no resolve.

• Something is wrong with your PHP or server configuration. That last bit of code I asked you to run was merely a PHP info from the command line. Would you mind creating a normal phpinfo file like last time and providing a link to it.
  • I posted the link last night but am assuming you deleted it from the forum when done. If not let me know and I will repost it.
  • The php.ini looks good.

I can't tell if the php-cli binary is faulty on your server or if exec calls from php are being blocked on your server. Let's find out.

Edit the test you just created and replace it's content with this:

<?php

exec('php -v 2>&1', $results);

exec('pwd', $results2);

echo '<pre>' . print_r($results2, true) . '</pre>';

Then run it in your browser and post the output here.
  • The page does not load, only continues to try to load without resolve. No output.
  • Hmm

Try removing the entire exec(php -v) line and try again.
  • Array
    (
    [0] => /home/ipvpqviw/public_html
    )
  • Ok, that narrows it down to your php-cli. There seems to be some type of problem running it. I don't want to get too far off track though because your original problem was executing FFMPEG, which when invoked didn't do anything. I think (just guessing at this point) that is a result of permissions.

Set the permissions on your FFMPEG binary to 777, run this from the command line:

chmod 777 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg

After doing so, replace the content of your test php file with this and run it from your browser. Then post the output here. Make sure you set the permissions on the FFMPEG first.

<?php

exec('whereis php', $results);

exec('/home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg -i /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco.MOV -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco_temp.mp4 2>&1', $results2);

echo '<pre>' . print_r($results2, true) . '</pre>';

At this point your CumulusClips install seems to be ok and working fine. We are trying to investigate what on your server is causing you problems.
  • The file permissions for FFMPEG were already set at 777.
    Output:

Array
    (
    [0] => php: /usr/bin/php /usr/lib/php.ini /usr/lib/php /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/lib/php.ini /usr/local/lib/php.ini,v /usr/local/lib/php /usr/include/php
    )

Array
    (
    )
  • Have you tried running the command manually from the command line?

/home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-core/system/ffmpeg -i /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/temp/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco.MOV -vcodec libx264 -vf "scale=min(640\,iw):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -vb 800k -acodec libfaac -ab 96k -ar 44100 -f mp4 /home/ipvpqviw/public_html/cc-content/uploads/h264/ZtaFFbKX8jBIoNDICoco_temp.mp
  • edited July 2015
    See next message and attached
  • edited July 2015
    Attached is the output.
    txt
    txt
    termoutput.txt
  • I've since given up on this hosting service and I will start a new thread if the new install with a new host causes issues.
  • Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. When you start with the new host, if you run into problems, you most likely will if it's shared hosting, let us know because they're probably known issues we can walk you through.

The server you're currently on seems to be having some weird environment issues.
This discussion has been closed.