captcha in V 2.0?

edited December 2014 in General
Hello

I thought I saw that captcha was going to be added to version 2.0? Was it not added in the end?

Best regards
Chris

Comments

• Sort of. Check out the demo
  • We have built it and it's providing great results. Right now we're trying to decide whether to include it in the next update 2.0.3, or release it as a plugin.
  • Hello Damian!

Thank you for your reply. I tried the demo and it looks great. I would like if you added it to the next update. What would the downside be?

Best Regards
    Chris
  • As a user of your software - without the need for captcha in my environment - would prefer it to be a plugin. But that's just me.
  • @greenmotion @wigert We decided to release it as a free plugin. We are releasing the 2.0.3 update first which creates a few new plugin hooks. Then we'll make the plugin available. Timeframe is looking like next weekend.
  • edited December 2014
    Hello

Thank you @GreenMotion for pointing that out. I understand your point of view and agree that a plugin would be best.

Thank you also @Damian for your fast feedback. I look forward to the update!

You may close this post @Damian.

Best Regards
    Chris
  • Hello

Any updates on the captcha plugin that you planed a while ago?

Best Regards
    Chris
  • Good question. It has fallen down in the priority list. Are you having spam issues? If so, I can talk to the team about releasing it.
  • Thank you for your reply. Yes I have 700 pages with spam accounts and would like to firstly stop new from coming in, but also be able to perform bulk removal of them. It sounded like it was close to completion before? Do you think that is would require a lot more work?

Best regards
    Chris
  • The plugin is now available here:

http://cumulusclips.org/addons/plugins/user-registration-captcha/

Make sure you update to v2.2 first, the plugin requires that version.
  • Hello @Damian

A big thank you for your efforts! I have installed the plugin and it works perfectly.

I hope that bulk removal of users will be available at some point but this was the most important part.

You may now close this thread.

Best Regards
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.