There may be times when you wish to update CumulusClips manually versus automatically via the Admin Panel. The process of updating manually is relatively straightforward.
Before You Begin:
IMPORTANT! Create a backup of both the files, and your database. If errors occur during the update process it will be difficult to re-run the update script afterwards. You will need to restore your backups before trying again.
- First you must obtain the latest version of CumulusClips. You can get this from our Download page.
- Extract the archive.
- Next proceed to upload all the extracted files to your hosting account. Make sure to overwrite all the old files with the new ones.
- Download the manual update script and save it as "manual_update.php" in the root of CumulusClips.
- Execute the manual update script using:
Things to take note of
- Create a backup of all your files and database.
- All files with the exception of config.php are subject to change during the update process.
- If you made customizations to the default theme or default language pack (en_US.xml), those changes will be lost during the update. You need either backup these files, or rename them to something different so that they're not overwritten.
- When executing the database update script, CumulusClips will need access to the internet so that it can connect to our update system and download all the database patch files necessary for your update.